fold over clutches

March 11, 2013

My adorable friend, and lovely sponsor, Vanessa of LBGstudio has a couple of really great bag patterns!  She released the leather accent fold over pouch pattern a while ago but I just got around to sewing up a few and let me tell you, it is fabulous!!!  I couldn't find any leather at any of my local craft stores and really need to use op some of my stash.  I had some essex linen in black and it goes so well with so many fabrics and so I used it in place of the leather.


I made 4 and they are all up in the shop.  They are really fun to sew and you can make one up pretty quickly.  I used some really awesome metal zippers and I love how they look!  I always get my zippers from Jennie at Zipit Zippers!  She has a fabulous selection of colors and sizes and always ships amazingly fast.




I think this would make a really great gift for any girlfriend but since it's such a trendy and fashionable item right now I think it would be perfect for a graduate or young professional.  It's such a fun evening type clutch.  It also fits an ipad with plenty of room to spare when it isn't folded over.  You can find the pattern here!


4 comments:

  1. These are awesome!!! And I love the little fabric ties....very cool :) I need to get more metal zips asap...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! What a great idea! Did you use sew in interfacing? I have yet to make one, but I've had the pattern for a while and yours have definitely reminded me that this would make great mother's day gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabric combo. I can't get enough of Chambray.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! They make my day! Please make sure to leave me your email in your comment if it is not attached to your blogger profile, that way I can reply! Thanks so much :)

lots of pink here! All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger