two of my favorite patterns

February 23, 2013


Hello lovelies!  It has been a rough winter here so far!  I think we have been sick more this winter than I can ever remember being in the past.

However, I have been able to do a little sewing for my VERY neglected handmade shop.  I know many of you have, or want to have, etsy shops.  There are two patterns in particular that I can tell you are guaranteed to sell for you!  Even if you don't have an etsy shop you still need these patterns!  Please know that I am not getting paid for telling you this, I just truly think these are great, must have, patterns!    They both make fantastic gifts and can be customized to be suitable for just about anyone that you need to make a gift for.

The first I have probably made at least 100 times!!  No, I am not exaggerating!  I have made it so many times that my husband actually made me plexiglass pattern pieces to make it easier for me to cut everything out, yes, he's awesome!!!  It's the crayon art folio pattern by Virginia of Gingercake Patterns.  It's AWESOME!



I have also made it for older girls and altered it to hold colored pencils instead of crayons.  I think it would also work for an adult that loves to draw or journal.



The other pattern that I think is just so awesome and useful is the list taker pattern from Jennifer at jcasa handmade.  They make great teacher gifts or a last minute gift.  You can easily make one in under an hour and they use very little fabric.  They are also great for using up those random pieces of cotton batting that you have left over from a quilt.



The original pattern is sized for a 5 x8" notepad.  I have altered the measurements so that they hold a 3 x 5" notepad and a mini pen (which I found at staples).  I think the smaller size is great to keep in your purse.

Go check out the patterns, they really are so fun!  I have some of both items in my shop if you want one but don't to make them yourself.




5 comments:

  1. Lovely projects!!

    I might be able to help you with your links. Let me know if you'd like me to walk you through it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all gorgeous, the orange fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the brightness and portable nature. well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love your fabric combinations on the Art Folios! You were the reason I decided to buy the pattern. But yours are always way cuter than mine! Love what you did with the colored pencils, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have the directions for how you made the colored pencil holder?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! They make my day! Please make sure to leave me your email in your comment if it is not attached to your blogger profile, that way I can reply! Thanks so much :)

lots of pink here! All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger