summer sewing

July 20, 2012

I know it's been quiet around here lately.  I've just been concentrating on enjoying my family and our fabulous garden. We have gone to the beach quite a bit too.  But I am still sewing!!!

I've made a few baby doll sets.




The last one is in my shop.  They are so fun to make and perfect for little hands!  The patterns are from Bit of Whimsy.  I love her patterns for many reasons.  They are thorough and well written, she always gives several face options (awake, asleep, asian eyes), and the dolls are all good sizes for little hands.

I'm also working on a very special baby gift but I can't show it yet.  My sweet friend that is expecting is a blog reader and I don't want her to see what she's getting.  Hee, hee!

I've also gotten in quite a few new goodies for the fabric shop.  This fun baby deer print is from Lecien's Old New 30's collection.


Keeping with the deer theme, I also have Oh Deer precuts.  LOVING this line!  It's so bright and cheery.



This velvet and crochet ribbon is so sweet!  It would be perfect for zakka projects.


I have also been making lots of cuff bracelets.  I'll show you pics as soon as they are all finished.

I hope you are all having a wonderful summer!!!




10 comments:

  1. So cute! I love those little dolls and the deer fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love these dolls soo gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so very sweet. As a doll lover, I had to get myself the Jean pattern. A lovely project for this weekend. Thank you for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh! Those doll sets are super adorable! I swear I always leave your blog wanting to have a girl! I'm totally in love with the Oh Deer fabric line and I'm thinking about buying a layer cake to make a crackle quilt... I see that you're getting the Nursery Versery line soon too. Do you have any idea when that might be? I'm dying to get my hands on some!! Glad you're enjoying your summer with your beautiful angels :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the little dolls and dresses are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, your dolls are all so sweet! The little girls that receive them are quite lucky! I'm happy that you're have a great summer! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many cute things in your shop! I love those dolls and know they are tons of work. I wish you and Doug could come and work on my garden. A flop again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dolls are precious! I will have to find the pattern! Your cuffs are adorable! Love them!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! They make my day! Please make sure to leave me your email in your comment if it is not attached to your blogger profile, that way I can reply! Thanks so much :)

lots of pink here! All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger