sewing for a baby (no, I'm not pregnant!!!)

July 26, 2012

My very sweet friend Virginia is expecting her 4th baby in a few months.  She is having a little girl.  I know about girls!  :)  It's always so fun to sew for babies and so I was really excited to get to make some fun goodies for her!

My girls are blankie kids and so I knew that Virginia's baby needed a little lovie (or bubbie as they are called at our house).  I found this adorable pattern on Etsy and knew it would be perfect!  There are two versions of the pattern, each containing templates for 4 animal versions.  I chose the bunny since I loved the long ears.  The pattern was great!  Easy to follow and it came together really quickly.



The pattern calls for fleece but I thought a soft minky would be so much more snuggly.  I got this fantastic snuggle fabric (minky) from Lisa of Lisa's Stitching Post, my newest sponsor!!!  It is, by far, the nicest minky that I've ever seen!  Lisa has great prices and a fabulous selection of precuts!

I also made her a little changing mat.


The inside is white terry cloth.  I thought it would be both soft and practical.  The outside fabrics are from Vintage Modern by Bonnie and Camille.

And last but not least, I made her 3 bib and burp cloth sets because you can never have too many of either!  :)  I used my bib tutorial.



I used tiny 1/2"hexies on this set.  They are perfect for small accessories!


I used snaps instead of velcro on two of the bibs.  It looked a little more vintagy with the hexies and sweet tiny deer.

I know that lots of you have used my bib tutorial, please send me pics or post them in the lots of pink here flickr group so that we can all see them!!!

I love you Virginia!!!




18 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! You are lucky to have little baby girls to sew for, all my friends are having boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best! those are all adorable and beautiful and I love your tutorial. I'll be using it for the bigger bibs for the Baby Bibs for Charity so you will be seeing a few.hahah.a.aa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. everything you made is adorable!! I especially love the fabrics you paired up on the bibs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sets are sooo pretty! I hate to think of a baby spitting up on them :0 Do you have a link to the burp cloths too? I really like the way they look, it looks like they are made with cloth diapers, but am not sure. Thanks for sharing your big pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness Amy!!! I think the bunny bubbie is adorable and it looks so soft! The changing mat is beautiful. The bib sets are gorgeous!!! The hexie set and tiny deer are my favorites but they are all wonderful! You are quite talented. :) I'm sure Virginia is delighted with her goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Amy, these are the sweetest!! Love all the adorable fabrics!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty baby accessories. Like the bibs! My wife loves to make bibs and changing mats for gifts too. Minky was a wonderful choice for the Bubbie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohmygosh Amy, I know I say the same thing every time - but you are amazingly talented and so inspiring. Your fabric choices are perfect for each gift, they are all so beautiful.
    I am keeping my fingers crossed that as soon as my boys are married {first one is two weeks away!}, I hope it won't be much of a wait and I can sew up some sweet baby items!
    Thank you for sharing.
    xx Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute cute,, you would get more comments without the robot

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amy,

    The bunny is soooooooooo cute--as is everything you made!! Was the Moda Snuggles minky difficult to work with? Thank you for the links!!

    Lisa

    http://LisasStitchingPost.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI Amy! I just got my poser back from a bad storm last week and only now have seen your post. You know I love them all and you are the best!! They bunny, changing pad and bib sets are AMAZINGly cute in person :) Thanks again friend. Trying hard to get in the mood for baby and you are making it easier for sure. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  13. 08-10-12.... Just wanted to wish you a Happy Anniversary, Amy !!! {and Many more to follow}
    Hugs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to try this bib tutorial one day! The deer one s so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything is so cute......:-D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww those are so cute!
    I love the red riding hood fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just checking on you girl. Been quiet over here for a while (which I understand) but just checking in to make sure you are ok. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post, you acquire acicular out some superb details, I will acquaint my accompany that this is a absolute advisory blog thanks.Buy Facebook Fans burun estetiği

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! They make my day! Please make sure to leave me your email in your comment if it is not attached to your blogger profile, that way I can reply! Thanks so much :)

lots of pink here! All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger