kid's cloth napkins

April 9, 2012


My girls really wanted to stay for lunch at school.  They were so excited when I said that they could today!  We bought lunch boxes last week and they had planned out exactly what food they wanted to make.

We use cloth napkins at home (to be environmentally friendly, not fancy!) and so I thought some fun, kid sized napkins would be a fun addition to their lunchbox.


I cut out 10 1/2" squares (2 squares for each napkin).  Then I basted the ric rac or ruffle trim onto the right side of one of the squares making sure to line up the edge of the trim with the edge of the square.  Then, I sewed two squares, right sides together, leaving a small opening for turning.  After turning them right sides out, all that is left to do is press them and topstitch!  SO easy but really fun and cute!!




I used Aneela's A Walk in the Woods for these!  I really love all of the sweet characters!  I hope everyone had a great Easter with your families!





19 comments:

  1. Making unpaper towels has been on my to do list for a long time. And now that we have a baby, it is really becoming a neccesity. I love the fabric you chose for yours! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those napkins are so cute! I love all the prints, the ruffles and the ricrac trims! I'll be the girls have a ball eating lunch with their friends at school. I'd want to just to use the cute napkins! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very cute! I just ordered some prints from that line to make a lined drawstring bag for my niece's birthday later this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, how darling! so clever, adding the ricrac!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the ric rac edges! So cute. Maybe I need to whip up a few more napkins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute!! The ric rac edge makes them so sweet! I am sure your girls love using them! Love the fabric!! I still need to get some to add to my collection!! I love all her designs!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea. I think I need to make some of those for my girls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy, these look absolutely adorable. What a wonderful idea. I bet your girls had the most fun and stylish napkins at school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. need how many pieces ?? #Miss_swetlana

      Delete
  9. What a sweet idea! Fabulous way to play up Aneela's Walk in the Woods too! Lucky kids....:D

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute, Amy! I'm a huge ricrac fan, so they get EXTRA points for that!!! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. adorable amy! I love that you are using your walk in the woods too! I am sure the girls love them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kids cloth napkins this really very cute and it looks very pretty.Mostly girls like this kind of pink collection this best for them.


    Stella McCartney Kids

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so cute Amy, I bet your girls loved them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I found this blog very informative, i want to know something more about name tags and name labels. Thanks for your post, Keep posting such useful information.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing that interesting post. I found very useful and informative as well as interesting. I will back read more..

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! They make my day! Please make sure to leave me your email in your comment if it is not attached to your blogger profile, that way I can reply! Thanks so much :)

lots of pink here! All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger