new chicks

March 12, 2012

We got a few new chicks here at our house at the end of last week, 14 to be exact.  They sure are fuzzy and soft!



right when we brought them home 

in their temporary house
They have to be in 90 degree conditions for the first few weeks.  It's still pretty cool here so, for now, they have to be in the house.  They also have to be under a heat lamp.  The girls are loving them!!!  Penelope checks on them ever 10 minutes or so, just to make sure they are ok.  :)

I did get a little sewing done this week!  I was asked by a very sweet customer to make some keychain clutches.  I love this pattern!!  It's quick and fun to sew and they really are so very cute!






They are also really great for showing off a cool button!  This would be a perfect project to use vintage buttons on, the clutch is small enough to allow the button to really be showcased.  These will be going up in the shop sometime this week.




13 comments:

  1. The little pouches are adorable! So are the little chicks. I hope they will have a safe home. I like the tunic, your very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet are those baby chicks! :) Cute pouches, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Chicken. Ha ha...just kidding! The chicks are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just love when it is new chick time!! We are looking to get our new ones this year too. I love the little clutches. Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow 14 that's a lot of eggs! Have fun with your new babies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooooooo adorable....both the chicks and the clutches!
    happy Tuesday
    love jooles x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baby chicks are so much fun! I remember having them when I was a kid too. The keychain clutches are really pretty Amy! I love the fabrics that you used! Glad to see that you've been sewing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute! It's great the girls can be involved. Hoping to get chicks sometime! We are going to be gone a lot this summer so I put it off again but we are missing having good eggs! Our girl who delivered them moved away. Hope you make another post about your chicken house and how they look when they are bigger! XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Amy! Those chicks are beyond cute, and Penelope looks like an angel with those blond locks, so adorable. Love the little pouches, too. I have to give that pattern a try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, she is so beautiful!! and the chicks are so adorable.
    Love, love, love your little pouches. I want to sew this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the bags are darling, I love chicks, we have chickens. you are in the stinky stage! good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh those chicks are so sweet..so glad I found your blog. Can't wait to check out your shop.
    Bristol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those little chicks. I got mine the same day they were born, and I was like your daughter checking on them constantly for about a week. They lived right in the house with us too for a while! So sweet, I just found your blog, and I'm your newest follower! So nice to meet you!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! They make my day! Please make sure to leave me your email in your comment if it is not attached to your blogger profile, that way I can reply! Thanks so much :)

lots of pink here! All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger