worst blogger ever

February 27, 2012

So, I am now, officially, the worst blogger ever!  I just got yelled at by my friend Virginia!  Of course, she didn't really yell at me, just some teasing via pinterest.  She pointed out that it has been a month since I've blogged.  Terrible!!!

By the way, Virginia has a brand new pattern available that looks so awesome!!!  Be sure to go and check it out!

We have had some family stuff going on here and to be honest I've been a little down.  I'm usually not the type to feel sorry for myself or anything but I've had a hard time getting motivated.  But now I'm back and I have some fun things to show you all!!!

I had a custom order for a really sweet customer!  She had loved the patchwork sewing kit that made with the Annie's farm stand fabric and asked if I could make her one like it.  I did!  She then asked for a patchwork, quilted zipper pouch to match and requested that I make her a strawberry shaped zipper pull.  Fun!!!  This is what I made.


It wasn't hard, just time consuming.  I cut the squares at 2" so that they finished at 1 1/2".  I made the zipper pull out of wool felt.

I have also been busy, slowly, working on 5 more sewing kits for the shop.  Here are my 2 favorites.

fabric: flower sugar by Lecien
fabric: pam kitty morning

I have some fun new goodies in the fabric shop as well!


This is one of several new patterns that have been added!  I also got in a really fun tool for making pinwheels!  I can't wait to try it out!  Hexagons for english paper piecing are also in stock in several sizes.

The Walk in the Woods yardage should be shipping any day, for those of you that have been waiting!!!





16 comments:

  1. beautiful amy! that pouch is so sweet, what great details! You're not a bad blogger, man, do what makes you happiest, that's for sure. Hope everything's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE the little strawberry zipper pull!!! I've been thinking about trying to use cool beads or charms for zipper pulls, but don't know how to attach them securely enough... but I love the idea of the little strawberry! Will def try something like this! THx!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great makes, and as for time flying between posts, well hey, who's keeping score? (Apart from Virginia lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a blog?! Ha ha ha...just kidding. Pot/kettle and what not. And what Anna said. The pouch and sewing kits are awesome, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! thanks so much Amy! And I am happy to see what you have been sewing. You projects are just so beautiful that I can't help but give you some pushes to put em up here for me to see! Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon.XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back don't be hard on yourself! Your pouch is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sewing kits. Oh I've been on a downhill with my blog too. I only started blogging again after ages. Lost my mojo it seems. I guess it's like falling off a bike, just get back on and keep on going. Don't be so hard on yourself. There is so much going on in life and it's not always easy to find the time to blog. I've started studying and don't get as much time as I used to. Good luck with blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so get you Amy. The family stuff does tend to derail. I'm in that mode myself. Love your projects. The little wool strawberry is my favorite. I want to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No worries! My blog is looking a bit dusty too! I have SO much to write about but not the time to write it in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my gosh the sewing kits are adorable!! especially love that blue one with the yellow binding - great combo! Super sweet little pouch too, i like the quilting on it, might have to give that a go :) and you're not a bad blogger, you're one of the best!! Hope all is ok. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so love all your new things your sewing up!! Glad things are going better and you can sew. I'm getting some in myself and sewing while I can.
    Can't wait to see more of your doings :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Amy! Your blog and projects are the best! You always inspire me. It's hard to keep up on a blogging schedule {I think } with work and kids, pets, hubby, life, etc. I totally go through gaps of lapse. I hope you are all feeling better & glad to see you back.
    ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw this cute little pouch on Pinterest and had to stop by and tell you how cute it is! Love the strawberry zipper pull.

    Your blog is lovely and I'm adding it to my blog roll so I don't miss a single post! (No matter how often they appear!!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope things have quieted down for you! :) Do you ever just go look at your inventory? Sometimes, I look at mine when I'm feeling down. All of the bright, beautiful colors make me feel better; occasionally, I'm even inspired to sew! The items you have made here are bright and beautiful! Anyone who owns one of your handcrafted items should consider themselves lucky. They are one-of-a-kind pieces of art!

    Big Hug to You,

    Lisa

    http://LisasStitchingPost.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your quilts/crafts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world!
    www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
    Hugs, Ulla (from Finland)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your little strawberry pouch, and sewing kits! They are darling,a nd the choices of fabric are fabulous! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! They make my day! Please make sure to leave me your email in your comment if it is not attached to your blogger profile, that way I can reply! Thanks so much :)

lots of pink here! All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger