I'm still here, I promise!

February 1, 2012

I'm sorry that I've been absent for so long.  There has been absolutely NO sewing going on here because the girls and I all had strep throat.  UGH!  Now, I think it has moved on to Doug.  :(

On a fun note, we (and by we, I totally mean Doug!) have been redoing our living room!  I will have some pics as soon as we have some furniture in there.  Right now it is almost totally empty as we got rid of all of our nasty old stuff to make way for something fresh and new.

The week before the sickness hit, I did get a fun ipad case sewn up for the shop.  The cocoon laptop cover pattern is another one by Florence of Flossie Teacakes and I loved it!  It's, obviously, for a laptop but she gives directions on how to size it for any device.  I love the pocket on the front, it makes it so nice to have a place to put your phone or a little notepad and pen.



It came together really easily.  I used cotton batting for the padding and natural colored linen and two Amy Butler prints for the fabrics.

Hopefully this week will be a little more productive!  Now I need to get back my sewing mojo so, please, tell me what all of you have been working on so that I can get inspired!!!!



15 comments:

  1. excuses, excuses....just kidding. like i'm one to talk ;) go make friends with your sewing machine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, what a great pouch! I have admired her patterns but haven't tried any yet. I'm working on getting to know my new sewing machine so that I can get my sewing mojo back.

    Sorry to hear about the strep throat. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute! I love that fabric. Glad to hear you are feeling better and excited about your new living room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great case, I love that pocket. It makes it so much more handy. I hope you all feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuck! Strep throat is no fun at all! I hope you're all feeling better soon. Amy this is such a pretty ipad case! The Amy Butler prints look awesome with linen, you're the best at pairing fabrics! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i actually made a purse! the bucket purse from keyka lou! thanks for turning me on to her. I have a skirt and 2 dress patterns i cant wait to start

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's all project run & play, all the time for me! hope you're all healthy very soon. being sick is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty! Hope the whole family is 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yayy looking forward to seeing your living room, I'm sure it's coming together just lovely. ahhh sorry to hear about your fam's strep throat, sounds horrid! feel better soon :D I'm sure you've got a giant sewing list to be getting on with now ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh!!! I've just discovered your blog... Its really great!
    I'll sew the travel sewing kit.

    Best regards
    Luz (from Spain)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE it! those fabrics are beautiful together!
    I had to take a break from everything too from being sick! Hurry up and show your living room, I am needing some inspiration to do mine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely beautiful! It looks like something off of a display at Neiman Marcus. I hope you charge big bucks for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please tell me you're getting a lot of rest in-between all of your goings on. I don't want you to come down with something worse--such as pneumonia. Be good to yourself! You deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that case! Don't feel bad honey I have just been able to sew this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Amy, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! They make my day! Please make sure to leave me your email in your comment if it is not attached to your blogger profile, that way I can reply! Thanks so much :)

lots of pink here! All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger