These are my potholders. They are the same ones I have had since my first apartment in college. Yuk!! I'm not sure why I haven't just bought a new pair. I mean, I end up at Target at least once a week!! Anyway, since I joined the swap I figured I should probably make a practice pair.
I used some scraps that I had left over from this project. I LOVE this line!! I had cut into a charm pack and couldn't just toss the little strips that were left over, they ended up being perfect for this project.
I get most of my precuts from my adorable friend Lisa over at Lisa's Stitching Post. She has a great assortment of precuts at the lowest prices that I have found. She is usually cheaper than etsy and often has lines that you can't find on etsy anymore. She still has plenty of the Dream On that I used for these and I know that the layer cakes and jelly rolls are getting hard to find.
I used Oh Fransson's potholder tutorial and really loved it! I love the pocket on the back so that you can slip your hand in. I have burned my hand several times using the regular flat potholders so this feature really appealed to me.
I used osnaburg for the neutral and lined it with ta dot in candy. The binding is ta dot in tangerine. When I bind small things like this (really anything other than a quilt), I always cut my binding at 2 1/4" instead of 2 1/2". I just like the look a little more and find that that small change makes a big difference on something of a small size.
Hope everyone had a great long weekend!