snow white, 7 little men, lots of laundry and other goodies

July 6, 2011


Some fabulous things arrived today via the UPS man!!!  Heather Ross is finally here and man, is she sweet!!  This installment of her far far away series includes Snow White and her companions, all of their laundry hung on the line, some fabulous wildflowers and a few little girls playing with horses.





I have to say that I really love all of her lines, they always have just the right amount of whimsy!  All of the prints are printed on a linen cotton blend (85% cotton and 15% linen) that is perfect for bags and other accessories but still light enough for clothing.  They are not as heavy as the last line, they are more like a traditional quilting cotton weight.  The girls playing with horses are the same heavier weight as her last line.

Here are some things I made with her last collection.




The cotton/linen blend is the perfect weight for this skirt pattern!  It has just enough body to allow the skirt to stand away from the body slightly.  It spins wonderfully too!  :)


I also used it for the adorable bento lunch boxes that the girls got for easter baskets.  Ayumi's pattern calls for interfacing but with this fabric it wasn't necessary.  It's so nice when you can omit a whole step! Since some of the prints are lighter, it will depend on which one you choose as to whether you need interfacing or not.

So, there are a few reasons why I LOVE this line!  I would love to hear what you would like to see made with it or what print is your favorite!






3 comments:

  1. Ah, sigh! More loveliness - I am having running-a-fabric-shop-envy! I love the little owl perched in the tree. x

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! They make my day! Please make sure to leave me your email in your comment if it is not attached to your blogger profile, that way I can reply! Thanks so much :)

lots of pink here! All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger