flea market find

July 7, 2011


We have a pretty cool, very large, flea market a couple of towns over every Sunday in the summer.  Trust me, there are not many bargains but it is always fun to go and walk around.  You have to go early, like super early!

We took the girls this past week and I found this vintage sewing chest!  I think it's pretty cool!!


This side, as you can see, has all of these pockets with elastic around the top to keep in all of the notions.  There is also a little shelf up at the top that you can flip down when the cabinet is open and then flips up when you want to close it away.


This is what really sold me on the little chest though, all of the spool holders!  I am thinking that I will place it on top of my desk behind my machines instead of the plain thread holder I have there now.  It is in pretty good shape and was filled with a bunch of vintage notions (none of them great but still cool).

I took these pictures right after we got home.  I had to put it out on the porch to air out as it smelled a little musty, as most old things do.  :)  I sprayed it with some febreze and now its not musty any more.  It needs a good cleaning but that's about it!



12 comments:

  1. I love flea markets too and would have fallen for that for sure. What a great way to keep organized.

    I love vintage wooden boxes and other things for storage. One of my favorite finds (from a garage sale) has been a vintage blue metal box with 6 sliding shelves that I keep on my desk and store phone books and paperwork in. Mixing vintage with new is fun too.

    meganarline(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I haven't seen one like that before and I love that color of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find! I've not seen one like that before. Does it have anything on the front?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute! I'd like to see it closed too so we can see what the front looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's super cute! And I'd also like to see front pictures, maybe there's something even cuter on the outside :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you suppose your hubby could make replicas of that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just happened upon your blog and would love something like that. I too love the spool holders.
    Now it's got me wondering if I could make something to store my threads....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your site....yay I am follower 400! I love this little chest. What a fun find.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great find! It is totally adorable and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Amy! Love this case- I have one that my grandpa made for my mom back in the 60s/ early seventies. He made one for my grandma too! He was a shop teacher. Yours is much more girly (which I am liking!) mine is just plain wood and green fabric interior. I wonder if it was a pattern men could make for their sewing wives?? I'll send you a pic of mine some time! I use it but it doesn't store nearly enough for all my stuff- I am SURE you are the same way! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in love with this and WISH it was mine!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! They make my day! Please make sure to leave me your email in your comment if it is not attached to your blogger profile, that way I can reply! Thanks so much :)

lots of pink here! All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger