a bed for baby

July 20, 2011


As I was going through my reader yesterday morning, I came across an adorable new pattern!  It is by the oh, so fabulous Florence from Flossie Teacakes.  If you haven't visited Florence's blog, you MUST!!!  It is so beautiful and her sewing skills are astonishing!

Anyway, I immediately bought the pattern and got started!  Adelaide has been begging me to make her something with the "yellow Snow White favric."  I still plan on making her some article of clothing with it as well but this little project was calling for some special fabric too!

You see that scary, kind of pitiful baby doll in the sleeping bag?  That's "baby!"  Baby is VERY important in our family!!!  She was hand sewn, with love, by my grandmother, Nana, almost 70 years ago.  She was made for my mother.  My mom found her right after Adelaide was born and brought her to us.  Addie was just an infant but just clung on to baby, so, baby became Adelaide's.  She goes everywhere!!!  I mean, EVERYWHERE with Addie!  So it only seemed fitting that baby should have a very special bed!  :)



The three bears' sleeping bag pattern, as it is called, comes in three sizes.  I made the mummy bear size.  It has a little pillow so that baby can be comfy when she is napping.


The top of the sleeping bag is quilted.  I couldn't bear to quilt though that beautiful snow white and so I carefully quilted around the outline of the images of the characters and the trees.  It really is a great print, so much detail!!



The little men are working on the back!  :)  I used the floral from the line for the bias binding and the clothesline for the pillow.  I hope baby, and Adelaide, will really enjoy sleeping in her sleeping bag!!  :)




8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love that!! I have a couple of her patterns but didn't see this one. I love the fabric you used too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so darling amy!!! I love it, and the way you quilted is is so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute, and I love that Addie loves your Mom's doll so much. I'm sentimental like that. I have a girl or 4 here who would love a doll bed like that, so I'm off to have a look. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job amy! So beautiful. I love the way you quilted it too- hopefully in 60 years, baby and her sleeping bag will be passed down too :) That fabric is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful sleeping bag - I have followed Florence's blog for a couple of years - before I started blogging myself. She makes the most lovely things, and I love the way she writes.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww this whole thing about this post is so sweet! I love the way you quilted the bed and the fabric you picked is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your choice of fabric for the sleeping bag, and the way you quilted it. also, I just LOVE your garden!!! what a wonderful little farmer's market of your own you've got in your backyard! ok, now I gotta get that sleeping bag pattern ;) xo amy

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! They make my day! Please make sure to leave me your email in your comment if it is not attached to your blogger profile, that way I can reply! Thanks so much :)

lots of pink here! All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger