teacher gifts

June 2, 2011




Penelope has her last day of preschool today!  She goes to the most awesome school ever and has 4 amazing teachers!  They really are some of the most caring women and really enjoy being with the kids, it is so nice to know that she is loved when she is at school!

I asked her what she wanted me to make them and she said "bags to put all their make up in!"  I thought it was so cute!  I wanted to make something fun and patchworky and immediately thought of Vanessa's patchwork pencil pouch tutorial.    It's fun and easy and a great way to use up scraps!  I love the way she does her zippers!  





I printed out little labels using one of my favorite printables ever!!!  You can fill in whatever text you want on each label individually and play around with the fonts and colors.  It is so fun and they can be used for so many things!!  I have used them for business cards, price tags, signs at a craft fair, etc.  I punched holes in them and then attached them to the bags with a few wraps of divine twine which is also one of my favorite things!  :)




16 comments:

  1. They are sure to love them Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them! The tags are really cute too. Make me want to get some color ink for my printer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE,LOVE,LOVE!!! and I love how you did your tags, makes them very special!!
    good mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them! I know they will too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are too cute! Lucky teachers! I need to make something similar for some girls at a wedding I'm going to. Fellow bridesmaids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Great gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky teachers they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great! love all the extra stitching lines you are doing. It really adds nice detail. Those teachers are going to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute.. love the bakers twine! putting this on my to sew list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are so lovely! Thank you for the link to the tutorial, I'll definitely be making these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the link to the tutorial. I can't wait to try these out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just wanted to tell you that you are this weeks Friday Featured Follower @ Simply Cadence!!

    www.simplycadence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pouches, great idea. Those printables are fab too. Wonder how the office printer would run them off... :oD

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Amy!
    I bet they loved those special gifts. Your daughter's idea is so cute.
    You always have the best ideas/tutorials/examples/links, etc!!! If ever I want to be inspired, I come to your blog. You get my wheels spinning! {I wish you were close enough to get my behind in gear, Lol}
    ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! They make my day! Please make sure to leave me your email in your comment if it is not attached to your blogger profile, that way I can reply! Thanks so much :)

lots of pink here! All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger