swappy potholders

June 21, 2011

I made these little potholders for my partner in the PP8 swap.  That's the potholder pass 8 swap for those of you who don't speak flickr!  :)
Up until a few months ago I didn't know that there was this whole world of swaps going on!!  It is pretty neat!  You don't know who is sewing for you, so it's a complete surprise when you get your fun little package in the mail!




I had gotten this cute little bird embroidery pattern from Tasha a couple of weeks before I was given my partner's name and color preferences.  It was the perfect match for the style of potholder that I then planned.  

I used some Michael Miller ta dots in candy and ocean, some lecien flower sugar prints and some MM tea blooms and picnic for all of the piecing.  The binding is Heather Bailey hop dot in cherry.  I'm still not sure that I am in love with the binding but the rest of the potholders were so busy that I felt like the binding needed to be a little calm.  I think they look way better in person than in the photos (the light has been terrible here for the last few weeks, so much dreariness).



in the process :)











I really hope she loves them!  I can see why there are so many people that love the red, aqua and pink combo, it is really fun and so cheery!!

***If any blogger genius people out there can tell my why my horizontal photos get cut off on the right side when I enlarge them, I would really love to know how to fix it!!!  It is driving me nuts!!!  :)***



9 comments:

  1. I am totally in love with these potholders! They look good enough to eat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Lucky swap partners!

    I'm thinking that your photos probably need to be resized a bit smaller. Looks like the max width you can go is 570px wide (probably actually smaller than that because of the margins) and the horizontal photos you posted are 640 px. Before uploading, I'd make sure that your photos were resized so the horizontal edge is no bigger than say 550px, then when you upload to blogger, choose "original" as the size. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're so cheerful and bright! I love them! I really need to join the next swap. I keep seeing so many beautiful bags and pot holders that I just must have!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am doing the swap also. It's so fun to see what everyone is making.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm new to flicker swaps as well & they are so much fun! Looking forward to seeing who gets these lovelies! Karen P. acp328@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. the stitching on it is outstanding, i love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your partner is so lucky, they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog! You make some seriously cute stuff! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. New to you and to commenting. Love the color and pattern combos! How did you get the lines of dots that look like French knots?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! They make my day! Please make sure to leave me your email in your comment if it is not attached to your blogger profile, that way I can reply! Thanks so much :)

lots of pink here! All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger