business cards

June 10, 2011


I have been meaning to do this post for a few months now.  It's amazing how the time is flying by!

This winter I designed a business card in Photoshop and sent it off to one of those big (cheap) online printers.  I was really excited about them and really looking forward to the package coming with my cute new cards in it.  Well, about three weeks later my cards arrived.  When I opened the package I was so disappointed!!!  The color and quality of the card was terrible!!  Besides that, the design on the back was off square and half of the image was cut off!!!  Way to go proof reader person!

I called the company and they gave me a refund, which I was thankful for (and necessary but hey, you never know)!

Of course, I still needed a business card and so I got to work!  There's nothing like a little adrenaline to get the creative juices flowing!

My card is 3"x3" square.  I made a simple template in word and can print out 6 cards on a sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock.  My favorite white cover weight is Neenah Classic Cover Linen in solar white.  It is really great quality and has a very faint and classy texture to it (it looks like linen, hence the name).  I print out my sheet of cards and then sew strips of fabric above the text with my sewing machine.  I use all of my small scraps for the fabric strips.  I cut them to 1" wide with my fabric pinking rotary cutter.   After the strips are sewn on, I cut out the cards using my rotary cutter and straight edge.

I have a separate rotary handle equipped with a pinking blade that is just for paper.  I am sure you all know this but you should NEVER use your fabric scissors or rotary blade for anything but fabric!!!  :)  I save my dull machine needles and use them for sewing cards too as the paper is not super kind to your needles either.

I also include a little note with all of the fabric orders that I send out.  I LOVE the flat note cards from Paper Source!  They are the perfect size and come in so many awesome colors.  I simply trim off the top so that it is pinked.

Yes, this takes a little more time and effort but it is also original and I hope it lets my customers know how thankful I am for all of them and how much I truly love what I do!!  :)





9 comments:

  1. I totally love these and your notes!! Maybe I should just collect them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea, these look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards and notes are wonderful!
    And they made me realize that I don't have to follow all of the "rules"! I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! Such a great way to use up scraps and so perfect for a fabric shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. like the idea and all you have shared..thanks for it.Order Business Cards

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Blog..!! I like your idea and business cards because it depends each other..!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! They make my day! Please make sure to leave me your email in your comment if it is not attached to your blogger profile, that way I can reply! Thanks so much :)

lots of pink here! All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger