sherbet pips quilt

May 6, 2011




I finally finished my pips quilt this week!  I love it!  The colors in this line are so fantastic.  It is perfectly crinkly after washing and so soft.  


The pattern is by Camille Roskelley for her thimble blossoms line and is called jelly filled.   


I used kona ash for the inner border and hop dot in cherry for the outer borders.  I had binding in the ash all cut out but just wasn't feeling it so I switched to bliss dots in red.  I am really glad that I did because they look great with the pips and the hop dot!  

I have made 3 of Camille's patterns and really love them!!  They are modern but timeless and lend well to so many styles of fabric.  They are well written and easy to follow even for an inexperienced quilter like me.  

I stippled this quilt, it was only the second time that I have ventured into free motion quilting.  This time was so much better than the first.  There are still a lot of little flaws but they weren't so bad that I felt like I had to pick stitches out and start over!  :)  The girls are really loving snuggling under the "puppy blanklet!!"


11 comments:

  1. i am totally speechless! so wonderful! A family treasure that will be passed down. I love it so much! I can't believe you call yourself and inexperienced quilter- you have passed that threshold for sure :) BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing! I really think I need to try this pattern! Awesome Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job!! that is such a fresh looking quilt. One day I'll try quilting my own! Stitch in the ditch or straight is about it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome quilt, i have been wanting to try a quilt but I am not sure I will have the time to finish one, it might have to be a loooong project I embark on =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you quilted all that by yourself. How nice! I love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very nice Amy! I bet the girls are enjoying looking at all the little details in that fabric line!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this fabric line, and I'm loving your quilt! Your quilting looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How'd you finish so fast?! Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok Amy, I think you must never sleep......since you always seem to be "creating". I've made quilts before and they take FOREVER! You know I continue to be impressed with you and this just confirms that you are amazing!!! xoxo gail
    p.s. someday someone will show me how to not be anoymous.....but, I know you know who I am.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved your quilt so much that I made one for myself! I had a jelly roll of Sherbet Pips that I just couldn't decide what to do with and after I came across your beautiful quilt the decision was made! I used Kona Medium Grey for the inner border and Sherbet Pips Vanilla Ice cream Skipping Square Dots for the outer border. I'm now ready for quilting and can't decide to take the plunge and stipple or quilt it in straight lines! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! They make my day! Please make sure to leave me your email in your comment if it is not attached to your blogger profile, that way I can reply! Thanks so much :)

lots of pink here! All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger