help for Alabama kids

May 11, 2011

My dear friend Vanessa lives in Alabama.  Part of her state and many other states suffered severe damage during the tornados and storms that passed through last month.  Vanessa is trying to bring a little joy to the children of the area that lost everything!!!  I think we should help her!!  :)


She is asking for those of us that sew, to make simple drawstring bags and fill them with goodies.  Crayons, markers, stickers, coloring books, you get the idea!  :)  Items are needed for both boys and girls and to span several age groups.  These kids just need something fun in their lives right now and I know that we are the ladies that can help!!!  If you don't sew but would still like to help I am sure she would love for you to just send art supplies.

photo courtesy of LBG studio

photo courtesy of LBG studio
I am headed to get a few supplies today so I will be back with some easy ideas that I have in my noggin. Vanessa also has a lot of great ideas to get you started so hop over to Vanessa's blog to see her full plan.



3 comments:

  1. How cool that she is taking this initiative. Until when do we have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Saw it over at Vanessa's blog too! Dollar tree would be a great place to get a few items too!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! They make my day! Please make sure to leave me your email in your comment if it is not attached to your blogger profile, that way I can reply! Thanks so much :)

lots of pink here! All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger