for Alabama

May 16, 2011

Here are all my little bags lined up to be sent to Vanessa!  This was such an easy project and so fun!  I really hope that it will bring a smile to the kid's faces.  They deserve some fun and joy and to just be kids!!



 I didn't want to put my label on these but I thought it may be fun to have a little tag of some type.  I took some pink twill tape that I had and some scraps that were in my trash (they were to skinny to keep), I fused steam a seam to the scraps before cutting them and then fused the scrap to the twill.  


This is what I ended up with and I really like it!  Fun, huh!?


And, just for fun, here are a couple of pictures of the ornamental cherry tree that is in my front yard!  I wait all year for it to bloom!!  Oh, how I love this tree!  :)  It just makes me happy to see all of those beautiful white flowers.  It only looks like this for a little over a week and I just stare at it as much as I can while it is in bloom!





8 comments:

  1. These are so cute - and it's so nice of you to participate in a project like this. Thanks for sharing......and your cherry tree is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, making all those bags. I am certain that they will be appreciated. The tree is beautiful. I'm sad because lilacs are my favorite and they are passing to quickly too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Amy your little bags are so cute and I love the tag idea. I'm going to pretend that's a tutorial and snag that.hahah.a.ha..aa.
    Your tree is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little tags are adorable! Good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those bags are adorable! I want to be a kid again and have a million of these. I need to learn how to make these little drawstring bags. I'm sure they'd be perfect for gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that a yoshimo (?) cherry tree? We just planted one last week in our front yard and I'm so excited about the blooms next Spring. :) Love your blog. New follower!
    beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! Do you have a tutorial for the bags?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Colleen!!! your email wasn't linked so I am responding to your question here! :) Here is a link to the tutorial that I used. The only thing that I changed is that I didn't line the little bags! Enjoy!

    http://www.dana-made-it.com/2008/07/tutorial-hobo-sack.html

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! They make my day! Please make sure to leave me your email in your comment if it is not attached to your blogger profile, that way I can reply! Thanks so much :)

lots of pink here! All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger