lots of sewing means a more relaxed me! :)

April 4, 2011

YEA!!!  I've finally been getting to sew a little more!  I didn't realize how much getting to sew relaxes me until I didn't get too!  I guess sewing is my psychologist!  :)
I have been making lots of things for my girls and I am participating in my first swap.  I also joined in a really fun sew a long event for mug rugs.

I found this adorable shop on etsy!!  I LOVE her style and her fabric choices!  They are so soft and relaxing.  One of the cute items she has is a snack mat.  The perfect meddling of a mug rug and a placemat, just ideal for little people!  I shamelessly copied her snack mats for my girls!  Anna Joy also has a beautiful blog!

























I also mentioned mug rugs!  For those of you that are not familiar with what a mug rug is, it's a large coaster / small placemat.  Just the right size for a beverage and a snack.  I have to warn you that they are quite addictive to make!! They are also a great way to use scraps!






I want them all over my house!!!  There is even a mug rug flickr group!  Be sure to check it out, there are so many amazing little quilts (mug rugs) there!

I also made another easy reusable grocery bag for my partner in the Potholder Pass 7 swap.  This is the first swap I've joined and am so excited to see all of the bags that everyone makes!  I will be so thrilled to get a bag in the mail!  Here is the one that I will be mailing out tomorrow, I hope she likes it!!!  :)





I added some hand stitched details and put pockets on both sides so that it is reversible.











8 comments:

  1. Amy!
    I absolutely ADORE everything that you make!
    You have the HAPPIEST style...and I love it all!
    I just LOVE these re~usable bags designed by Keyka Lou!
    So my STYLE!
    I love all her patterns!
    I can't wait to learn to sew and make some of her designs!
    Love popping over here and seeing all the LOVELY things you create!
    Just added your cute button to my blog!
    Happy Day!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy~
    I just ordered your adorable keychain pouch!
    Can't WAIT to put it in my purse!
    Would LOVE to feature Lot of PINK on my blog when it arrives!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable as always. Are you big time yet? You should be :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great! those snack mats are really nice. You already know how much i like the others from my flickr comments! I have to get some of that unbleached cotton. it frames all your brights so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love! Big hearts!! That flower mug rug is to D I E for. Seriously if being adorable was illegal those would be locked up. I love the "P" on Penelope's! You're so talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the detail on your bag. Your partner is a lucky one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy!! Your snack mats and mug rugs are darling! Your partner is going to love the bag!! It's beautiful! She's pretty lucky to have you for a partner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh those are so cute!! Your girls will be eating in style!!
    Love your mug rugs and yes they are addictive! If I'm your bag partner you can slip one of those in that cute pocket :)..hahahah.a..ah.a.aa...

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! They make my day! Please make sure to leave me your email in your comment if it is not attached to your blogger profile, that way I can reply! Thanks so much :)

lots of pink here! All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger