I can crochet!!!

January 22, 2011

There has been absolutely NO sewing going on here!  I haven't touched my machine in 6 days, it is the longest I have ever gone without sewing anything! (can you all sense my eye twitching in frustration?)  My youngest, Adelaide, has decided to stop napping, hence the sewing sabbatical.

But... I did learn to crochet!  :)  Vanessa linked to some really great shops and patterns on etsy in one of her last posts.  I had bought the cute bow pattern from this shop and made a few that turned out really cute.

I decided I was ready to try a more involved pattern and so I bought this one!  I really love my new fingerless gloves!  The pattern was easy to follow and had lots of great pictures, which a lot of crochet patterns lack.  The shop owner is a real sweetheart too, which is always nice!  She has a blog too with a few free patterns.  I would love to adjust the size of her belt pattern and make a bracelet out of it!!





 I also bought this book from my local quilt/yarn shop and it has really come in handy.



7 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh!!! Those turned out so well! Great photos too :) Didn't realize she had a blog, will have to go check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them! You really taught yourself quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just learned to crochet and you made those cute and cozy gloves?! Great work Amy! Sorry about the no nap week though. I remember those days -- they wore me out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yayyyyyy! well done! I'm sooo jealous :) you're obviously a natural!! great job on the gloves, it looks fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Amy, I'm impressed! I can knit and crochet but only scarves. That's it. I learned when I was real young and cannot read those patterns. It sounds like there might be hope for me :-)
    Thanks for the post & I'll check out the pattern and the blog. You always have such great info! I hope my new blog grows up to be like yours someday.
    ~ Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I'm impressed! I might need to give crochet a shot . . . I'm hopeless at knitting!

    I haven't touched my sewing machine in over a month. Eeek! Luckily I have some bee blocks that need to be done, so that should get me back into the swing of things. Lauren isn't such a great napper anymore either, and it definitely makes it hard to find some time to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I fully understand the "twitch". My little 3 year old granddaughter spends her days with me while mommy and daddy are at work. I love, love, love this time that I get to spend with her but it does limit my sewing time. I've tried taking her to my sewing room with me, which she loves, however it just doesn't work well. Most of my sewing is done over the weekends.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! They make my day! Please make sure to leave me your email in your comment if it is not attached to your blogger profile, that way I can reply! Thanks so much :)

lots of pink here! All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger