hooded scarf

January 9, 2011

I took a little break from sewing for the shop over the Christmas holiday.  I really hadn't sewn for my girls or myself since starting my little business and really missed it!  I have to admit that before this scarf I had never made myself any clothing!  I have made myself pincushions and bags but never anything else.  I have tons of patterns that I would love to make but just can't get around to it!  Oh the amount of projects that are on my to do list, it is SO long!!!
Anyway, I bought this cute pattern off of etsy.  I love the idea of a hooded scarf, fun and practical!  The pattern comes with 5 different styles that you can make and also comes with kid's sizes.  And a bonus is that it is reversible!!  I made the ruffled version and it was easy and fun to make!  The only change that I made was to add a layer of cotton batting in between the exterior and lining fabrics to make it a little warmer.  I am from the south and these New England winters just kill me, I don't think I will ever get used to the cold!  I can't wait to make one in some type of tweed or wool.








I know who will be getting one next!  :)



4 comments:

  1. Amy your new scarf is beautiful! The fabrics you selected are so pretty and I love the ruffle. I'm glad you made something warm and cozy for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay to sewing for yourself. Isn't it funny how we end up last on the list? Your scarf looks very cozy and of course, love the HB fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Nicey Jane is very nice here! May have to try that pattern since it just keeps snowing here. You look beautiful in these too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it's very original!!!!
    Laura from Italy

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! They make my day! Please make sure to leave me your email in your comment if it is not attached to your blogger profile, that way I can reply! Thanks so much :)

lots of pink here! All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger