my second quilt

December 20, 2010

I love the idea of a quilt!  I was lucky enough to grow up with a mom and grandmother that both sewed.  My mom is not a quilter but my grandmother was and I am lucky to have inherited a few of her fabulous quilts.
I started this quilt for Penelope back in August and it kept getting pushed aside for projects that had a deadline.  The pattern is by Thimble Blossoms and called late bloomer.  I hadn't intended on it being a Christmas present but I finished it last week and so it is getting wrapped and will be under our tree!  I really love it!  I know you are all probably really tired of me and my Nicey Jane obsession but this quilt is what started it!  The colors are so fun and girly and it makes me happy every time I see it.  I love the appliqued flower detail and the scalloped bottom!






















I hope everyone has a really Merry Christmas!!!!




6 comments:

  1. You finished! Great job! I really love the scalloped bottom! She will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy you are amazing. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. L.O.V.E. <3 That little dot is precious. I'm such a dot-a-holic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy the quilt is fantastic! Oh my goodness, Penelope will love it! I love Nicey Jane fabric too so I don't think I'll ever grow tired of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT job and perfect choice of fabric combos! Almost makes me not so scared to try a quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable. so nice to hear about your quilting grandma too. Can't wait to see your 3rd quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! They make my day! Please make sure to leave me your email in your comment if it is not attached to your blogger profile, that way I can reply! Thanks so much :)

lots of pink here! All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger