packaging

October 24, 2010

When I started thinking about opening an etsy shop, one of the things I really wanted to achieve was a cohesive theme.  I think when things flow well and mesh it gives a sense of professionalism and continuity that I really love.  I love making things for my shop and I wanted my buyers to be excited to get their package.  I wanted the packaging to be as exciting as what was inside.
When I found Laura Jane and started thinking of what I wanted the blog to look like, I knew I wanted it to go with the theme I had already established for my packaging.  I love paper and textures and color!  I wanted it to be fun and bright and fresh looking.  You have all, obviously, seen my blog but if you haven't ordered from me then you have no idea what my packaging or business cards look like.  I thought it might be fun to show you what I use!


The thank you tag and divine twine are from Whisker Graphics.  They have lots of really cute, editable printables that can be used for lots of things.  The mini paper clips can be found at any craft store or you can get really cute stained ones here.
I love glassine!  It is just transparent enough to give a glimpse of what is inside!
The washi tape is from pretty tape.

 I also print these on sticker paper and use them to close the package on the back.

I use these to write a little note to my customer.  I am also planning on using them like this to display clips that I am making for the craft show.  I know, I am mentioning that craft show again, I think I will need a rest when it is over!  :)

This is my business card.  I hate throwing away my scraps and this lets me use even the smallest pieces and makes the card unique and colorful.
I hope you are all enjoying your weekend!  My sweet friend Lindsay is hosting a giveaway from me tomorrow, so if you would like a chance to win a $25 gift certificate to my shop stop by her adorable blog and enter!!!





8 comments:

  1. wow! love everything. especially the washi tape. i've been wanting to get some forever but just haven't taken the plunge! i'll have to look out for the mini clothes pins too-so cute.

    are you going to add any of those hair clippies to your shop??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes I love it all! Beautiful packaging and the business cards are so nice. Those hair clips are great~ I will buy some from you if you put in your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing this! I'm still trying to figure out all this stuff for my shop. I've been making my own little thank you cards with raw-edge scraps sewn on and it's been fun making them. I love how you've used that idea for your business card!

    Thanks for all the links and the great info!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Found your blog from Lindsay! It is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I popped over from the packaging group on flickr. Your packaging is extremely cute as is your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your packaging ideas. The tags I ordered and personalized from Whisker Graphics helped give my craft show items a much more cohesive, eye-catching look. Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing. This is so beautiful. I've always find it too hard, matching a card to a package.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these Amy. You are so incredibly creative and thank you for sharing wtih us!

    Debbie @ inspiredhoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! They make my day! Please make sure to leave me your email in your comment if it is not attached to your blogger profile, that way I can reply! Thanks so much :)

lots of pink here! All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger